In light of the current Covid-19 outbreak, the team at East Brighton Trust will be doing what we can to support the groups we work throughout this challenging time, despite the uncertainty of the situation.
In the first instance, we were made aware of some emergency funding needs in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and grants were issued this week via our partners at Sussex Community Foundation to the following groups:
- to Moulsecoomb Primary School to provide tablets to help pupils with onsite and remote learning
- to St Marks Primary School to provide school meals, transport and cooking equipment for families who need it
- to the Crew Club & East Brighton Food Co-op to support their efforts to distribute food to local people
- to The Bevy to support their community Meals on Wheels service (shown above)
- to Sussex Homeless Support to set up a food bank and get food to homeless people in and from the area