We are recruiting!
Brief - Communications and PR support
- Job title: Communications and PR support
- Hours: 24-30 hours per month to be worked flexibly including sometimes at weekends or in the evenings.
- Location: Remote, with frequent attendance required at events across East Brighton.
- Objective: To manage all aspects of East Brighton Trust communication and improve the ways we reach our audiences.
- Deadline for applications: Friday 24th February 2023 at 5pm
About East Brighton Trust
We are East Brighton Trust, an organisation working in the heart of East Brighton to make a positive difference to those who live here. Through our range of grant schemes we help fund events and activities across Moulsecoomb, Bevendean, Bates Estate, Saunders Park, Manor Farm, Whitehawk, Craven Vale and Bristol Estate.
Our links with the community we serve are vital to the ongoing success of the organisation.
We are looking for someone to support us in telling the stories of the impact our grants have on the vibrant communities we serve.
The aim of this role is to enhance our reputation with the community, build a pipeline of future grant recipients and create links with future partners and funders.
- Create content - create compelling visuals, copy and other resources that tell the story of what we do. Communicate these across a range of media channels (our website, social media, flyers, posters, newsletters, press releases etc).
- Maintain and update our website as needed, including enhancing the ease of access to our funding materials.
- Provide outreach to current and potential grant recipients. This will include organising and hosting three “meet the funder” days a year in the local community and attending some of the projects we support to gather content.
- Organise monthly community meetups in partnership with local organisations to create links between groups.
- Act as a main link with Sussex Community Foundation and other partners as required.
- Distribute media (e.g posters, flyers) to physical locations around East Brighton.
We are seeking an agency or individual who can support this brief.
- Are Brighton based, with a demonstrable interest in supporting charitable / positive social impact projects in the local area (physical attendance is regularly required, but most work will be remote)
- Possess both the technical skills to manage website / social as well as the ability to create appropriate and high-quality content for East Brighton Trust (e.g. newsletters and press releases) with limited guidance.
- Have a strong social impact agenda yourself. We like the money we spend to positively impact the local community and are seeking a strategic partner we can grow the scope and scale of our relationship with over time to create value for us and the local community.
- Can support on a part time / agency basis - initially 24-30 hours a month.
- Please email the following to [email protected]:
- CV or portfolio of projects.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability to meet the requirements.
- Deadline: Friday 24th February 2023, 5pm.